Wednesday, October 3, 2018 / by April Griffith
Monday, April 9, 2018 / by April Griffith
Below are four factors to consider before making the decision to refinance your mortgage:
REFINANCING IS NOT FREE
Just as you likely paid some closing costs when you purchased your home in Wilmington, Newark and the surrounding areas, you will be required to again with refinancing. Closing costs are typically 2 to 5 percent of your loan amount and will need to be paid up front when you refinance. While your lender may offer a no closing costs refinance, be aware that it may come packaged with a higher interest rate. It's ...
Wednesday, April 4, 2018 / by April Griffith
Below are just a few of the items that inspectors will be looking for during their time at your home:
1. STRUCTURE - Integrity of your foundation, state of windows, doors and frames
2. GROUNDS - Faulty grading, dilapidated pathways and walks, trees, and any standing water
3. ROOF - Defects in shingles, flashing, fascia, gutters, chimney and skylights
4. INTERIORS - Water damage, insulation, heating vents
5. KITCHEN - Venting, sink leaks
6. BATHROOM - Toilets flush, showers spray, sinks work
If you're worried about the home inspection, there are also several ways you can prepare to r ...